House For Sale in Hout Bay, Cape Town
select a 2nd currency
Warm and welcoming north facing family home with enchanting forest like rim flow pool and cozy jacuzzi, set in pretty garden with sunny valley and mountain views .
Hallways leads to stylish wood accented living room with fireplace and separate dining room, well fitted kitchen/scullery opening out to covered entertainment veranda with built in braai.
Large master bedroom has beautiful en suite bathroom and private television lounge. Second level bright bedrooms with bathroom. Guest en suite bedroom.
Large double garage. Beautifully renovated with dual living opportunity (separate entrance). Good security.
This delightful house has it all !
Perched on the north face of the Vlakkenberg mountainside surrounded by Table Mountain National Park lies the beautiful Bokkemanskloof Estate - Hout Bay.
Bokkemanskloof Estate is an open eco-estate comprising 112 houses mostly build in the period from 1996 to 2000. The houses adhere to strict design guidelines. There is ample open green space with a divers birdlife and an abundance of indigenous vegetation. The green space also provides great opportunities for walks and areas for children to play.
Hout Bay was formerly a fishing village and has managed to maintain its unique combination of fishing harbour and country atmosphere.
Our picturesque village lies in a protected bay between Chapman’s Peak and Mount Sentinel. Getting there is an easy drive from the city centre. Apart from its scenic beauty, Hout Bay is well-known for its fishing prowess and is the epicentre of Cape Town’s crayfish industry. Its sandy beach with white sand, faces a bay framed by mountains. The Hout Bay valley is large and reaches from the bay all the way to Constantia Neck.
- Local shops: Woolworths, Spar, Checkers and from November 2014, a Pick & Pay.
- 15 minutes from Constantia mall
- 20 minutes from Cavendish and the Blue Route mall in Tokai
- 25 minutes from the Waterfront and the Cape Town city centre.
- Hout Bay offers both public (Kronendal, Llandudno, Ambleside, Montessori) and private schooling (International School). In addition, some of Cape Town‘s best schools are located within easy distance such as Reddam House, Herschel, Bishops, SACS, Westerford and Rondebosch.
- Wine estates:-
- Hout Bay has two local wine farms: Ambeloui and Hout Bay vineyards
- Around the corner lies the Constantia valley with the oldest wine farm in South Africa, Groot Constantia, founded in 1685 by Simon van der Stel, commander of the Dutch East India Company.
- The Sunday Craft Market
- The Hout Bay Harbour Market
- The World of Birds
- Seal Island
- Mariner’s Wharf
- Beaches: Hout Bay, Llandudno, Noordhoek and Clifton
- Hiking: 12 Apostles, Chapman’s Peak, Vlakkenberg and Table Mountain
- Chapman’s Peak Drive
- Excellent restaurants and pubs